But dividing the 1.3 billion dollar PowerBall by America’s population will not fix poverty. Here’s why:
- Not only because 1.3 billion/300 million = $4.33,
- But because poverty is global, and worse around the world.
- But even if every person on earth got millions, poverty will worsen:
- Because nobody would work; everyone would go into retirement
- So nobody will grow your food, run your government, keep your emergency services going, run your schools and universities, open your restaurants, stock your favorite stores, make your merchandise, sell your wares, etc.
- Suddenly all that money will be worth nothing.
- Civilization falls apart
- Culture of bums
- Because the motivation that drives most people is making a living
- Besides, if Jesus did not fix poverty, what makes you think we can? (see Mark 14:3-9)
- There’s a reason Jesus did not rid us of poverty and suffering:
- Because poverty and suffering teach us that life is more than about having stuff and stuffing ourselves:
- It’s about loving others, which requires sacrifice to be real:
- And sacrifice means enduring and struggling, about putting another’s well-being before yourself.
- So no, money will never solve poverty. Only real love, hard work, and self sacrifice.
But having some money would be nice (so please share some my way if you win!). Money is only meant to be a tool to help with the tasks of love, work and sacrifice, not be a substitution!
Here’s the stupid (no other word for it) meme, edited: